Alternative Investment Thesis
- Historically, long-term investments create the most significant wealth through compounding growth opportunities
- The opportunities for growth investments in the public market have significantly decreased, with a material reduction in the number of publicly traded companies
- Due to regulatory burdens, public company costs and the abundance of private capital, companies increasingly are raising private capital rather than going public
- While many unique private market opportunities are increasingly available only to large-scale investors such as Sovereign Wealth Funds, Private Equity firms, and large Family Offices – we believe that a broad cross-section of high-net worth and Family Office investors should have investments in these asset classes
- Institutional investors and large Family Offices have increased their direct investments into private assets, a long-term trend we expect to accelerate
Attractive Investor Value Proposition
IMPROVED TRANSPARENCY - Investors have the opportunity to invest in individual opportunities they and their advisors believe are attractive and suitable for their goals.
LONG-TERM HOLDING PERIODS - Cresset Partners intends to target stable, long-term investments. This profile, combined with Cresset Partners permanent capital, long-term investment horizon and conservative use of leverage makes Cresset Partners an attractive investor when compared to traditional Private Equity firms.
STRUCTURES TAILORED TO INDIVIDUAL INVESTORS - Investments can be offered with more efficient fee structures, increased diversification, reduced J-Curve, and potential for interim liquidity.
EXPANDED ACCESS TO UNIQUE OPPORTUNITIES - Cresset targets off-market, complex transactions with high barriers to entry, reducing or eliminating competitive bidding and thus optimizing entry pricing (i.e., basis). Cresset also relies on its broad network to source deal flow.